200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Rosemary Garrison
August 23 - November 18, 2018
Designed for those who are curious about or ready to begin teaching, as well as students hungry to expand their practice, this training will answer the call. We launch our immersion at The Farm, Grand Island to build our sangha in the powerful environs of a retreat setting. We then continue over the course of five non-consecutive weekends at The Pad Studios in San Francisco. This structure will allow for intensive study combined with space for integration.
Rosemary Garrison, a student and teacher of yoga for over 20 years, will be joined by an all-star team of Pad instructors. Together, they will guide the practitioner through a comprehensive, expansive, joyous exploration of the world of Yoga.
Join us to deepen your practice, clear your mind, open your heart, lift your resonance… and shine.
Over the course of the training we will explore the following:
- Yoga Philosophy ~ how it relates to our lives now
- Pranayama & Meditation ~ the dance of the breath and the mind
- Asana & Alignment ~ how to wisely and safely embody and instruct postures
- Adjusting ~ how to wisely and safely adjust students during a flow practice
- Anatomy ~ its elegant, fundamental connection with the asana practice
- Energetic Anatomy ~ the infinite realm of the subtle body (chakras, vayus, bandhas…)
- Sequencing ~ the design of an intelligent flow class
- Bhakti Yoga ~ the sweet heart of the practice
- The Art of Teaching ~ the grace of creating and holding space
- The Business of Yoga ~ building a sustainable lifestyle as a teacher
- Teaching Yoga ~ ample time and space to practice teaching
About Rosemary Garrison
Rosemary, E-RYT 500, began her study of Yoga in 1997 in the traditional Ashtanga style with her beloved teacher, Tim Miller. She has since worked with an array of Vinyasa instructors (Shiva Rea, Dharma Mittra and others) and weaves this creativity and grace into her teachings. In addition to her physical practice, Rosemary has studied Vipassana Meditation at Spirit Rock Center as well as Zen Meditation at Tassajara Zen Center and maintains a personal meditation practice.
Rosemary teaches a strong and deeply compassionate Vinyasa Flow class. She emphasizes the breath, intention, mindful alignment… and ultimately, the cultivation of energy and awareness. It is her experience and belief that a consistent practice offers the practitioner a pathway to his or her own divine, radiant nature.